Potential questions to ask AFTER the interviewer/ employer
- Is this a position where there is room for growth after a certain amount of time working here?
- Are there any concerns you have about my background/ qualifications being a fit for this role?
- Let me ask you a honest question: is there anything that would keep me from getting this job?
- Bring attention to your portfolio of work that you may have missed during your interview.
- What are the next steps in the interview process?
How to tactfully discuss your job search and your interviewing status with other companies
- It is an appropriate courtesy to let the Hiring Manger know that you are currently interviewing for other positions. If you have an offer on the table you can politely explain that you will need to make a decision soon as you have either a pending offer or an actual offer on the table.
- Never use another offer to push the Hiring Manager into making a quick decision. Your intention is simply to inform them of your need to make a decision within a reasonable time frame.
How to close the interview with an effective question that will determine the Hiring Manger’s Level of Interest
- Thank you for your time today. I am highly interested in the position. Based on our interview, how do you see me fitting in with your company?
- Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
*Note: Never use another offer to push the Hiring Manager into making a quick decision. Your intention is simply to inform them of your need to make a decision within a reasonable time frame.
Leaving a lasting impression